Sunday, March 25, 2012

Her Words Say It All

My dear Elizabeth doesn't post to Love Elizabeth very much these days - but then given what has been going on in her life it is understandable that she has very little time for blogging. When she does it is not usual for her posts to stop me in my tracks and take my breath away.

I try to avoid family matters or speaking of things that, though close to me, are not mine to speak off but her entry is past week hits very close to home - hers and ours.  Sadly Laurent and the rest of the family have watched this happen over the past ten years in our family and can only share with Liz and her family the sorrow, the pain and the fear.  A right click on the remarkable photo will take you to a piece that has had me close to tears for several days now.



She has captured so much of what we are seeing and have seen and are afraid that we will see.

25 March - 1958:  Canada's Avro Arrow makes its first flight.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I'm so glad the poem spoke to you dear Will. If the grief I'm going through helps me communicate with others then that is something very real for me to hold on to. xo

David said...

As you say, when Elizabeth does post, what she has to say is profound and beautifully put. The photo, too, is haunting. And most of us know someone near or far who's going through the same, though of course circumstances differ.